Well, for immigration to Canada, your point score (known as CRS score) matters a lot, as it has a point-based immigration system. Moreover, a good IELTS Test score (Academic) is required for Canada Study Visa as well.
Talking about Canada PR visa process, Canada has a point-based immigration system to assess the applicants applying PR visa, based on some key factors. The Immigration Department of Canada, i.e. IRCC allocate points to the applicants based on the below 4 factors, i.e.
- Work Experience
- English Proficiency (IELTS Band Score)
Although, applicants earn points for other factors, also, i.e. adaptability, arranged, employment, etc. however, points earned for the above four factors remain the key for any immigration applicant.
How IELTS Play a Key Role to Increase your CRS Point Score?
Well, out of the four main selection factors, 3 are usually fixed, i.e. you cannot do much about the same at a particular point to increase your point score. These fixed factors are:
- Work experience
However, your English proficiency or IELTS score is the one that you can increase by sitting in the IELTS test again and enhance your IELTS band score.
What is the IELTS Score you should Aim for?
Though minimum IELTS Band 6 score in all four modules of the test is mandatory, however, the truth is band 6 score is not good enough to raise your total CRS to score needed in Canada’s Express Entry Immigration system or other alternative immigration programs, i.e. Provincial Nominee programs.
|IELTS Points Table|
|First Official Language (Maximum 24 Points)|
|CLB Level||Ability: Speaking||Ability: Listening||Ability: Reading||Ability: Writing||
Points per Ability
|7||6||6.0 – 7.0||6||6||4|
|10 and above||7.5 – 9.0||8.5 – 9.0||8.0 – 9.0||7.5 – 9.0||6|
Hence, you should aim for the IELTS band score 8 to obtain maximum points as shown in the table above.
How to Get the High IELTS Band Score?
Well, to achieve the high English proficiency band score in the IELTS test, you need to practice in a planned manner. Your fluent English does not guarantee that you will score high in the IELTS test, as it has its own parameters to assess the English ability of the contestants.
Since IELTS has four modules, i.e. Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing, hence, while preparing for IELTS exam, you need to focus on many things. Few of these things are
- Listening– Practice regularly for listening and noting it down on paper. Listen to English bulletins and panel discussions, etc. regularly on international media channels. Get engaged in one on one conversations and group discussions. Get used to listening and understanding the UK/US English accent.
- Reading-Read as much as possible. Read editorials, essays, stories, etc. Practice reading and understanding fast the unseen passages and make notes for the same.
- Writing- Practice writing essays write on different topics, etc. Read and learn about the grammar rules again and practice writing accordingly with good handwriting.
- Speaking– Practice speaking English with the correct pronunciation. Don’t go for short answers, instead add positives to your communication. Practice speaking with decent volume not very high not very low. Don’t go for fluent speaking or speaking with an accent, rather, focus on speaking with clarity in voice and correct pronunciation.
Get IELTS Training with Visa Assistance
You can attend the IELTS training sessions to give your practice and preparation for a write direction and motive. Canada PR Avenue Immigration not only offers you Immigration and Visa Assistance for applying for Canadian permanent residency visa but also provide IELTS training sessions. Canada PR Avenue team has an in house IELTS Trainer which gives IELTS training sessions to the applicants to help them score high on the IELTS examination and consequently, get high CRS points in the Express Entry system of Canada.
Canada PR Avenue Services for Canada Immigration Applicants
The Canada PR Avenue team provides the following services to the immigration applicants:
- Applicants’ Profile assessment
- Selection of right visa program to apply
- Helps you in filing the visa application
- Documentation assistance
- Provides IELTS training (online/in-person)
- Draft letters for you and
- Does Visa application follow up on your behalf
If you want to start your Canada immigration process with Canada PR Avenue, you may contact certified Visa counsellors and experts in the Canada PR Avenue team. The experts at Canada PR Avenue are available on Toll-Free No. 78-18-000-777. You can also send your queries or feedback to our email id- [email protected].