The MPNP (Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program) for Skilled Workers is a locally driven program, which is based on the needs of the employers in Manitoba. The province chooses experienced workers and internationally trained candidates who possess the right skills required to fulfill the local labour market needs of the province. The province nominates them to apply for provincial nomination for Canada PR and settle down and work in Manitoba.
The MPNP for Skilled Workers in Manitoba is a Canada PNP program in which the province nominates those applicants who show their strong connection to Manitoba through sufficient skills, ongoing employment, training and education, official language proficiency and work experience.
Ongoing Manitoba employment is a way for demonstrating your connection to the province and is a must to qualify to apply to this stream.
Key Pathways to Move to Manitoba as a Skilled Worker
All the Skilled Worker categories of MPNP operate via an ‘Expression of Interest’ system and there are two key pathways to move to Manitoba as a Skilled Worker, which includes:
- Skilled Worker in Manitoba Category: Under this category, the applications are accepted from skilled temporary foreign workers as well as international students who already work in Manitoba and have a permanent job offer from the Manitoba employer.
- Skilled Worker Overseas Category: Under this category, the applications are accepted from those qualified skilled workers who demonstrate a very strong provincial connection. This program is points-based and select candidates as per the points scored on the basis of their key profile factors like age, work experience, language proficiency, adaptability, and education.
Step Process to Apply Canada PR through Manitoba PNP
Manitoba’s EOI system has a 3-step process, which all the applicants must follow:
Step 1: Create expression of interest profile and answer a series of questions once you create an online profile. Al the eligible profiles of candidates are then awarded scores out of 1,000 on the basis of the answers provided by them. Then the profiles are placed in the EOI pool of Manitoba along with other eligible applicants. Candidates are then ranked as per the MPNP Ranking Points system.
Step 2: The highest-scoring applicants will get an invitation to apply. If a candidate is drawn from the pool, then he or she will get a Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA). Once you receive an LAA, you get a maximum of 60 days to submit your complete application along with documentation to Manitoba.
Step 3: After getting your provincial nomination from Manitoba, you must submit your complete paperwork to the IRCC and apply for the permanent residence visa of Canada.
MPNP Requirements, 2019
Manitoba PNP Eligibility Requirements
- You must score a minimum of 60 points in the assessment grid of MPNP
- You must age 21 to 45 years
- You must show enough documents to support your adaptability
- You must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in an occupation listed in Manitoba In-demand Occupations List
- You must score a minimum of CLB 4.5 in your IELTS exam
Manitoba PNP Document Checklist
- ID Proof (Government-sponsored)
- Educational certificates
- Marriage Certificate
- A valid passport and travel document
- Children Birth Certificate (Dependent)
- Evidence of English or French language proficiency
- Employment certificates
- Proof of Funds to settle down in Manitoba
- Health and Police clearance certificates
Please note, the Manitoba In-demand Occupations List has also updated. A few occupations have been removed and CLB requirements have also been adjusted for a few some occupations. This step has been taken in order to improve the consistency across NOC groups.